52. Select All Layers with BOY
53. Make Group BOY from Selected Layers (always keep your documents tidy, organised and well named)
54. Add Levels Adjustment Layer and clip it to the Group BOY > Set Value: 8/1,75/255
The boy was far too dark; this levels Adjustment will correct that and brighten the boy
55. Add Levels Adjustment Layer Again and clip to the Group BOY > Set Value: 10/1,00/245 > Make Selection on the Layer Mask (Increase the Volume)
56. See the Mask
With this Adjustment we are looking to further brighten our image. See the mask I created above and the result below…
57. Add Selective Color Adjustment Layer and clip it to the Group BOY > Set -10, +5, -20, 0 in Reds
58. Set +20, +10, -20, 0 in Yellows
59. Set 0, +50, -50, 0 in Cyans
60. Set 0, +50, -50, 0 in Blues
61. Set +50, 0, 0, -20 in Whites
62. Set +5, 0, -5, +5 in Neutrals
63. Set +20, 0, 0, 0 in Blacks
This is a large adjustment which drastically changes the colors in our image. The main change is in the boy’s skin. The skin will be less yellow with more red/blue tones. This better matches the background and the color inside the head.
See the result…
64. Add Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer and clip it to the Group BOY > Set Hue -5 and Saturation +10 in Master > Blending Mode — Color. Fill the layer Mask in Black.
65. Make Selections on the Layer Mask in White using the Brush Tool (B) on the Cheeks and Nose.
66. See the Mask
The reds on the cheeks and nose will be increased. See the result (Look Closely at the cheeks and nose)…